Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

Oh my my! Fall in sweet cupcake form. This little gem has been repinned like crazy lately, and being a pumpkin lover myself yearning for fall, I HAD to make these. I didn't think these could be nearly as delicious as I imagined in my head, but BOY, let me tell you, they are! The original recipe comes from http://nancycreative.com/2012/09/21/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-cinnamon-cream-cheese-frosting/. I did tweek a few things, and I will tell you along the way.


To the dry ingredients, I threw in some pumpkin pie spice because... well why not? Forewarning, the cake part is SUPER dense. I am not sure exactly why or if that is just the nature of pumpkin, but it was not light and fluffy. It was more like a muffin, but don't get me wrong. It was still delicious, the cake part was just heavy.


Now let's move on to the icing. Can we say heavenly?!? I am not kidding! WARNING: DO NOT.... I repeat... DO NOT make the whole batch of icing! I halved the ingredients (except the cinnamon and vanilla, I still added 2 teaspoons) and it was more than enough for the ~20 cupcakes. I even have a tupperware with lots of leftover icing. So unless you want icing for days (and you might! ha) half the icing recipe!


I wish I had some icing tips here at my apartment so I could make the icing pretty, but who needs pretty when you have something this delicious?!


I cannot wait to take these to class tomorrow where it *seems* that there are many pumpkin lovers. I will absolutely be making these again and advise you all to put this one in the favorite recipe folder!

Happy baking AND eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment